Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Architecture House Dwell Red Door Sunset daily painting oil


sold
6"x6" oil on primed art board. "Red Door" This is one of my favorite paintings. I think because of the subject matter, the time of day and the process. I am so drawn to homes with unique architectural character. So many older homes have style and art was a part of the process. An important thing that I wanted to achieve when I painted this, was to use the least amount of brushstrokes possible. Carefully placing each stroke with purpose. This sounds like it could make the painting too "tight" or "uptight" but the opposite is true. It wont have that overworked feel to it, which can sometimes happen. It is not always an easy task. It is possible to have enough brushstrokes in one painting to make 2 or 3 paintings.


10 comments:

  1. Terrific Heidi. Great energy and brushwork. Lots going on here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really good painting! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool, I love how you stuck to keeping your brush strokes pure and not re-worked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this one! It seems so fresh! Like you can feel the sun on you by just looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Cooper. It's nice hearing from you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Liza, that means bunches!
    ~Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for stopping by Lori. I appreciate the nice comment! ~H

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful sense of light in this one - I can feel the sunshine of the end of the day!

    ReplyDelete