Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Seaside Skies Beach Contemporary Impressionism Heidi Malott


sold
"Seaside Skies"
oil on panel
6x6"
available 
originally posted 4/2015

This is why I never tire of painting.  Each one is a journey and even if you paint the same subject matter numerous times they can still take on a life of their own.  Once I am inspired to paint scene I go about it with my usual technical aspects of creating a painting but then, as if switching gears, the process of painting seems to move on from the technical side and on to a more creative side that gives the painting a mood or feeling.  I know that may sound hokey, but I honestly think that is what inspires me to pick up a brush year after year.  Of course some paintings don't turn out well, or I get complete "painter's block" on occasion, but after many years I have learned to enjoy the process or journey whatever the outcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment