Friday, August 3, 2007

Safely Home from Vacation


We made it home! I am exhausted! We drove 4000 miles round trip out west over the last two weeks. I am so excited about being able to experience the different landscapes soooo different from where I grew up. I am in love with Colorado, especially Durango. My husband and I would love to just pick up and move, someday we just might. Can you imagine just picking and moving to another part of the country?? We have always figured we would when the kids have grown up but it is so tempting to just go for it now!! Living in the humid midwest, I am here to say that dry heat in the west rocks! We hiked the Grand Canyon, I could not get over how cool it would be on a hot day in the shade with hardly any humidity. The pic I am posting is from our excursion on the Durango & Silverton Narrow Guage Railway. It was an awesome experience. My father is a boiler maker, so I grew up with a love for locomotives. I plan to continue painting on Monday.
I missed painting everyday

6 comments:

  1. glad you're back, I've missed seeing your work! Yes, the west is beautiful - and yeah, the no humidity thing is pretty impressive to this East coast girl, too!Look forward to the new paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think there is nowhere else better than West and South West for a painter. Even though I am in the North West I often find SW sunset colors here. We lived in Tucson for two years. There was a great variety of landscape within just a few miles. Only that was in 1666 and 1967 and Tucson was a smaller Old West town then. We are excited about just traveling through as you have just done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you had such a good vacation. I have been to the Southwest several times and I also would like to move there. But alas life happens...
    I look forward to seeing what you paint.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies! I am so grateful to have gone on this big trip. I have always wanted to see the west. I am a little melancholy(sp?)leaving such a lovely location!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That train looks wonderful!
    What fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by Carol. Yes, the train was absolutly amazing. I wish I could ride it on a regular basis! ~Heidi

    ReplyDelete