Monday, July 30, 2007

Vacation ~ The Grand Canyon


Here are two of my three children taking in the Grand Canyon on a hike below the rim. We have been at the Grand Canyon for a few days recently. Amazing!! I am now sitting here in Durango Colorado. We are on the tail end of our vacation. We have really enjoyed being out West. We are driving an older RV and have had a couple breakdowns, it has been somewhat National Lampoon like but we are so thrilled with experiencing such a different landscape, that it is all worth it. What an experience it is to see the West for the first time! I can't even begin to explain but, can't wait to put it in painting. Tomorrow we are taking the Durango/Silverton Locomotive up to Silverton. I am really looking forward to it. We are all getting a bit homesick though. I am really missing painting. Can't wait to paint some of this western beauty, new to me.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your vacation immortalized in your paintings! Hope you're rested and happy to be home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sally-what a neat way to put. It was such an enjoyable experience which will make the whole painting experience so much richer!

    ReplyDelete