Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Horse Painting Artwork Carol Marine Painting Challenge

"Sweet Greens"

sold

6x6" oil on primed masonite


I mentioned in yesterday's post that I would focus on the horse in the challenge on Daily Paintworks after working on just the landscape.  Painting something out of my comfort zone was a challenge.  I love horses, but rarely draw or paint them.  I am disappointed in my photograph.  The highlights on the horse are warmer indicating the early morning sun.  I have already spent too much time trying to correct it.  So this will do for now.  Thank you for posting the challenge Carol, I really enjoyed it.


2 comments:

  1. Some really nice paintings on here, was wondering if you fancied exhibiting some of your works on the artfist.org artists' showcase?
    We exhibit 4-8 images and include any links/contact details you want.
    It's completely free, so check out the site and see if it's something you'd be interested in being involved with.

    Jon, artfist.org

    ReplyDelete