Monday, July 12, 2010

Seagulls Lake Landscape Original Daily Oil Painting



                                                                               sold

"Seagulls at the Lake" 6"x6" oil on primed masonite. I have said many times on this blog, that I LOVE the ocean and its beaches. Especially the Gulf Coast, which weighs heavy on our minds right now. We visit there every year and I can't even fathom how much time will be needed to heal that area. The ocean inspires writers, poets, painters, vacationers, I could go on and on.
On a lighter note, being a landlocked Indiana girl it is nice to see the seagulls on the lakes around here, far away from their cousins at the ocean. The silvery white gulls against the dark trees were an inspiration for me to paint today. (I know, today, I painted, can you believe it?! For those who have been visiting only to find "tumbleweeds", Thank You for your warm thoughts and encouraging words.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I have seen sea gulls on inland lakes in Oregon and Washington too. I can see the group of birds are a focus in the painting. They make me feel good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Diane! So nice to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete