Friday, July 23, 2010

Lake Landscape Figures Sunset Daily Painting

sold
"Sunset Swim at Lincoln Lake" 6"x6" oil on masonite. We walked down to the beach at Lincoln State Park and it was so inviting we decided to go get our swimsuits and take a dip before sunset. Would you believe we saw a man walking a pig, on a leash!? Our two year old yelled pig and pointed, I thought no way, that must be a dog. Sure enough it was a pig and a pet, it wasn't a pot belly pig, just a regular, pink pig named Wilber. Very curious.

8 comments:

  1. Great painting. I am so enjoying your--now my--Spring Sail. Speaking of pigs...I told this story on another blog. Years ago my family car camped with another family in Arizona. We were at a KOA Kampground in Williams and around the campfire in the morning we talked about the strange sounds we had heard from the cabin next to ours. Within a few minutes, the cabin door opened, two people came our leading a PINK PIG on a leash. He/She jumped in the back seat of their car, they threw their bags in the trunk and off they went!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi "Boo's Mom"! Thank you! I am glad to hear you are enjoying your painting.

    What a hoot or should I say snort :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You captured the mood perfectly and your colours are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Liza, it is great to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this one! I'm a painter mom too. Love how you captured this moment.

    ReplyDelete