Saturday, July 14, 2007

Still Life Fruit painting a day


sold
6"x6" oil on primed masonite. Fruit in my house usually doesn't last long, like most houses with children, I am sure. I was compelled to paint this with Cezanne in mind, but as I painted I think I may have gotten away from the angular brushstrokes that I started with. Probably because I didn't start out with that Cezanne inspiration till I was half way through this painting. Sometimes a painting meanders that way, like our minds. I will have to try this again with that in mind from the beginning. But, that is what I love in painting you can totally get lost with yourself in journey. I am really happy with the mood this evokes to me. I guess because I enjoyed the "journey" so much. When I look at it from across the room it has a strong feeling to it, I think it is the interesting color, which is hard to capture in a digital photo.

7 comments:

  1. I think the yellow plate makes the deep red grapes "pop". I pushed my desk chair back and looked at it. This is so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It works very well as a didital picture, too, Heidi!
    I also think it looks strong. Love the reds, pinks, oranges, yellows and purples of the cherries - very lively. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry! After looking at it again,
    I realized that they are grapes.
    But that doesn't really matter, does it? The main thing is that it works as a painting, which it certainly does.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, the way you paint these Cherry's it's almost like cherrys with whipped cream, ... mjammie!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ow jee, I saw it to late also.

    But still I'm drooling by the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, let's just call them cherries:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look so delicious!

    Wonderful composition too.

    ReplyDelete