Friday, January 16, 2015

Winter Road Snowy Landscape Small Daily Oil Paintings


Sold
"Winter Road"

6x6" oil on masonite panel

The colors of winter or should I say lack of.  With less color this time of year, you are challenged to really look at the variation in what is there.  Most times, especially with overcast skies, people complain of the dreary, gray winter days.  The lack of sun can make one feel down, but if you go out and look away from the gross, slushy, gray parking lots, there is a beauty of winter like no other time of year.  Stay warm!


2 comments:

  1. Your colors sing.

    I wonder if only artists see the beauty in the winter. I love the toned down color palette.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Mary! I wonder that, too. If so, hopefully we inspire them and brighten their thoughts on dreary winter days. My husband works outside too often in winter, it is hard to inspire him to appreciate it more, can't blame him!

    ReplyDelete