Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Sunset on the Rails Railroad Crossing Landscape Rural Impressionism Oil Painting


"Sunset on the Rails"

6x6" oil on masonite panel

This scene could be quite mundane for some.  But, to me, just about anything in the warm glow of the setting sun is quite beautiful.  

Railroad crossings, especially today unfortunately, are nothing more than an inconvenience to most.  Having to wait on the train with a million things to do.  But, to some of us the memories of days past, when the train transformed transportation.  I am of a younger generation.  A steam locomotive was quite rare to see actually going down the tracks.  Boy, when it did, you knew it.  The deep rumble and that whistle.  No mistaking that sound.  I get goose bumps thinking about it.  The rails will always be romantic to me.  Of course, I am a boilermaker's daughter, whose dad shared his love for the steam engine.



No comments:

Post a Comment