Thursday, August 29, 2013

Do You Miss Me Yet? I Certainly Missed You! -Heidi Malott


This painting previously posted 9/25/11

Well, I think it has been quite a long time since I have posted here.  So long, in fact, that I couldn't remember my passwords, Hah!  No, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth.  Just out of the cyber world for a while.  I just felt that I better poke my head in here and say Hello and let you know I am doing just fine.  The good thing about painting is that it will always be there when you find the time to pick up a paint brush.  But, and yes, I just started the sentence with that, you can't get those days back of your children's fleeting childhood.  So, I guess that is the main reason I have not been in the studio.  I multi-task quite a bit, but, when I focus on things there are many things that fall to the way side.  Unfortunately, painting is one of them, sigh.  Painting takes my full concentration and I don't want to half commit to painting.  So for the last year + I have had to walk past the door to my studio.  I do miss it so much and that is usually a sign for me that I will actually pick up a paintbrush very soon.  

So please, let me know how you are doing.  I would love to hear from you and hopefully I will be posting a painting on occasion.  

God Bless!






5 comments:

  1. Hey! Welcome back Heidi! Glad to see painting is still on your horizon...but yes- childhood goes way too quickly. I remember when my twins were the age of your little one....and now they're 26! (Not that I've aged at all! Haha). Enjoy that time...once they are big enough to understand the difference between your paints and theirs...then you can set them up with their own supplies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi,
    I understand totally, you will be back to painting soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom always comes last--for awhile, anyway! They grow up quickly and painting will always be there waiting. I switched out your summer painting for the one of the plowed field in the fall. They look so nice on that twig easel I made. Looking forward to some new paintings--when you're ready!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heidi, I love your work. If you ever decide to do a weekend workshop I'd love to know. Check out my blog as well. Thanks for reappearing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to know you are feeling a desire to paint but fully understand taking time out to be with your children.

    ReplyDelete