Monday, November 4, 2013

Autumn Fall Colors Impressionist Oil Painting Heidi Malott



sold
"Early November"
2013
6"x6" oil on primed masonite board

Hey, I made it into the studio today.  Had a busy weekend of yard cleanup.  So many leaves, acorns and walnuts to move.  I am always a little sad to put the garden to bed for the long winter.  First summer in a long time that we didn't get many tomatoes.  Good thing I still have a few jars canned up from last season.

Oh well, back to today's post.  I am always so inspired to paint during autumn.  The colors are amazing.  I feel a bit out of practice, but it felt so good to pick up those brushes.  One thing about all those glorious fall colors, it is easy to get overwhelmed and go all out with bright hues everwhere.  I love the challenge of holding back in areas, letting toned down color prop up those high notes.  Let them sing.

Happy Day!


2 comments: