Monday, April 25, 2011

Sunset Landscape Contemporary Impressionism Daily Painting Heidi Malott




sold
"Through the Cracks"

6"x6" oil on primed panel

Since I began this blog in 2006, I have always struggled with photographing my paintings to achieve their truest likeness for online viewing.  Over the years I have had some comments from patrons that they are pleased and find the painting to look even better in person.  I know monitors and screens vary slightly from one to the next, but I am working on the lighting in order to get my photos clearer and not so dim. 
I have made improvements on many images in my existing posts.   If you have read this far, thank you, and please feel free to have a "Better Look" at my gallery of artwork.  There are different options for viewing located at the right. 

There are still quite a few older paintings that could have better photo representation that I have not worked on yet, but will soon. 

5 comments:

  1. I have this problem too. I usually end up lighting them and deepening the shadows with Picasa. Only then do they begin to resemble what's on the easel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same troubles with taking photos and posting. I am always tweaking the levels in photoshop to help resemble to true piece. I also get comments that my blog post don't do my paintings justice. That said..this piece is beautiful! And as far as I can see..without seeing the piece in person..it the colors look true. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sally, Thanks for sharing. I just found Picasa recently and it does have a few good tools that I have used. Sometimes the paintings seem to have a mind of their own. Especially when they are still wet. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joseph. Thank you! Photographing our work can be crazy at times. Some times I think I spend more time taking pics and posting than I do painting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your work. You have a gift for color. Your paintings are uplifting and they inspire me to paint more.

    ReplyDelete