Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Seagulls Sunset Beach Ocean Oil Painting Contemporary Impressionism


Sold
"Seagulls in the Fading Light"
6"x6" oil on primed art panel.

Sunsets on the East coast of the U.S. are so different from the glorious sunsets on the Pacific.  The Atlantic side has the sunrise on the ocean which is beautiful.  The sunset on the Atlantic is a shorter moment since the sun is drifting further away from the ocean.  You can catch a glimpse of the sunset in the clouds and the long shadows on the beach.  I know this is obvious information, and I sound quite random :D but it is an interesting thought when you are painting the fading light of a sunset in this moment. 

2 comments:

  1. Not obvious -- interesting. Glenn and I are still getting used to the East Coast. When we visit Erika in Virginia, we know where the ocean is and we see where the sun sets. And we get turned around when we are driving because neither the ocean or the sun is in the "right" place.

    I can't wait for my summer painting to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Melissa. Even though I am a landlocked Indiana girl, I am still West coast minded, so I do the same thing when I am in Florida!

    Your painting has dried nicely. I should be able to ship it today! I will let you know if I do.

    ReplyDelete