Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Impressionist Horses Amish Farm Rainy Day oil painting a day



Not far from my home are some Amish communities. It is the next thing to time travel when I drive into these little towns. I met a friend in Grabill for some plein air painting. So peaceful, quiet and pure. When driving home after painting, I went by this field with these large horses huddled together. They looked like they were in football formation. It is football season! Anyway, I loved the gray, rainy atmoshpere and how it effected the landscape and these creatures. This painting is 6"X6" on primed masonite art board.



2 comments:

  1. beautiful representation of grey, rainy skies & effects on the surroundings- It looked like that here today...liked your painting better, tho!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea footballs here again. And thank God for cooler fall weather. Love the horses Heidi.

    ReplyDelete