Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Marshmallow World Winter Oil Painting Impressionism Heidi Malott



sold
"Marshmallow World"
6"x6" oil on primed art board

"It's a marshmallow world in winter
when the snow comes to cover the ground
it's the time for play, its a whipped cream day
I wait for it the whole year round"

ha ha, no I haven't been painting in a poorly ventilated room...this song was on while I was painting today and I found it quite fitting for this scene.  The name of the song is "It's a Marshmallow World" by the one and only Dean Martin from "Dino's Christmas"

I really wish this painting could be seen in person.  The photo does not pick up the softness and subtle color very well.


2 comments:

  1. It's beautiful, Heidi. It reminds me of a romantic Turner painting.

    Joyeux Noël.

    « ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ »

    Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is so awesome! Thank you Madeline. You have made my day :D By the way, I love your banner.

    Joyeux Noel

    ReplyDelete