Sunday, March 11, 2007

Artwork Kitchen Interior ~ daily oil painting


6"x6" oil on masonite. We redid our kitchen a couple years ago. New floor, new glass top stove, new counters, I sanded and painted the existing cabinets a lovely color of real butter(4 coats, which I told my husband, I will never have it in me to do that again!!) One thing we haven't replaced was the circa '60's Sears Kenmore oven. Don't get me wrong, it needs replaced for sure, the door seal is shot and the paint is chipped here and there and I am sure it is not very efficient. Someday we will replace it. Even though, it still "fits" in okay with the look of the kitchen. It has a sort of charm about it, if that is possible. I think it is fun and funny sometimes what we artists feel inclined to capture in paint.








4 comments:

  1. Heidi,
    So much comfort comes from an oven that it is a profound every day object. It suggests love and satisfaction of basic needs. In your painting it is like a face with a hand towel nose. Keeping old classic ovens with all the chrome and design of 1960's cars is a lovely wonderful value in our throw away society. The butter yellow of the kitchen cabinets are soothing and warms the heart as do your paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Diane, what great thoughts on this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is definitely one of my favorite paintings of yours!
    And I agree to what "parapluie"
    said...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recognize that oven! Love it.
    Yeah, one time thing on those cabinets!

    ReplyDelete