Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Nightfall Nocturne Impressionist Landscape Stars Twinkling


"Nightfall"
2016
oil on panel 
6x6"

That beautiful moment when the sun fades and the brightest stars and planets become visible.   
I always wanted to be an artist but considered being a surgical nurse or an astronomer, hmm...quite the variety!  I am drawn to the stars like some are to the ocean.  I find peace, comfort and a closeness to our creator.  Looking at the stars makes one's worries feel much smaller and less significant.
Anyway, this painting seemed to paint itself.  I was really in the moment.  I wish that could happen more often then again it wouldn't be so special if it did.




2 comments:

  1. Thank you Sue!! Painting this one was an enjoyable experience, it seemed to flow off the brush. Wish I could say that for all the paintings, lol!

    ReplyDelete