Wednesday, April 18, 2012

West Virginia Mountains Landscape Daily Oil Painting



"Take me Home"

6x6" oil on masonite art board

My two oldest sons went on a Habitat for Humanity trip for spring break with our church's youth group.  I was very proud of them for giving their time and talents during a time that most of us would prefer to go to the beach.

This painting is quite primitive, I kind of wanted to keep on painting but there was something about it that I liked and didn't want to ruin or enhance it.  I decided to leave it as it is.  I would like to do a few variations of this scene.  The original picture is quite expansive so there is a lot to work with.

Oh, and yes the title is in reference to John Denver, but I will go into that subject in my next painting of West Virginia : )

No comments:

Post a Comment