Monday, March 14, 2011

Summer Landscape Hay Bales Impressionism Oil Painting Hazy Hot & Humid

sold
"Hot, Hazy & Humid"
6"x6" oil on primed masonite artboard

Oh, how I will not forget, that I longed for these summer days in the midst of a long snowy winter.  I will not forget, I will not forget...
I do love how the thick humid air and the overcast sky mutes the range of color and value creating a soft, unifying painting.  Before you know it, the sky clears and the details sharpen.  This is one of the reasons why I love to paint, the possibilities of a single landscape are endless. 


2 comments:

  1. Lovely color and mood and I like your brushstrokes too - unique style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laurel, Thank you so much for the kind comment. I really enjoyed visiting your blogs, I will definately stop by again.
    Thanks,

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete