Thursday, December 16, 2010

Contemporary Impressionism Indiana Landscape

"In the Woods"
6x6" oil on primed panel

I live in a neighborhood in the woods.  Here is a view from my studio window.  You may think "how romantic"  Minus the houses, cars, roads, mailboxes etc.  It was actually a bit challenging to "see through" these things and make this work.  Pretty fun and sometimes you need a view without distractions.  A few years ago I had the pleasure and great fortune to paint with, Fred Doloresco, an amazing artist that taught me so many things about plein air painting.  I will never forget him mentioning a time when he was painting at one of Don Stone's workshops and Mr. Stone walked up to him and said "Why are you painting that in your picture?"  "Would you paint an elephant if it walked into your scene?"  A very important lesson to remember and always makes me smile. 






No comments:

Post a Comment