Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Water Lilies Impressionism Painting 8"x8" Original Art Heidi Malott


sold
"Water Garden" Another larger painting than my usual daily paintings. There was so much to take in at this beautiful little edge of the pond at Lincoln State Park, Indiana. I see why Claude Monet was so mesmerized by water lilies and the reflections in the pond. An amazing and tranquil scene to behold.

8"x8" oil on primed masonite

sidenote from me: When I look at this painting online it appears busy in the tiny square alotted for my blog, however the original 8x8" looks better, tranquil, much bigger and not so busy.

another pic in outdoor lighting to see texture detail





6 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous! Monet would be admiring it, too. The tiny spots of brilliant color are wonderful. Keep painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marilyn,
    Thank you very much! I would hope he would be, but I can barely imagine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the darks in this too - it feels much bigger than 8x8" - I don't think it looks too busy - by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this one! It's so happy and bouncy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Kim! I don't think I've heard "bouncy" used to describe one of my paintings before.
    Cool! :D

    ReplyDelete