Friday, October 8, 2010

Lotus Flower Water Lilies Garden Impressionism Painting Heidi Malott

click pic to see detail
sold
"Following the Sun" This painting was a journey, that almost ended in a do-over (scraped and painted over) It started out okay and then I found myself focusing on too many details, making the painting stiff and boring. I had to walk away from it for awhile. Not sure if it was salvageable I worked on it today. Knowing I needed to cut loose and enjoy the process, I had nothing to lose, it was already something that would get painted over if I couldn't resuscitate it. Finally, after scraping, scratching and moving paint around I became happier with it. Sometimes we have to let go and have fun. After some frustration and patience I was able to finish this little water garden study on a happier note.
6"x6" oil on primed masonite


2 comments: