Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Modern Impressionism Contemporary Abstract Spring Landscape Heidi Malott


"Where Winter Meets Spring"
$110
oil on panel
6x6"

Yes, a new painting fresh off the easel!  I know it has been a while.  

Does it count to say this is plein air if you paint something outside your studio window?  I even went for a brisk walk afterwards and I do mean brisk, brr.

This painting had so much emotion for me.  I truly enjoyed the journey from start to finish.  An expressive interpretation  of a dramatic dance between seasons.  I wanted to paint quickly as the wind blowing the clouds, to keep it fresh and brisk.

Now this burst of creativity after such a long spell will be either invigorating or draining for the rest of my time in the studio today   :D
Wish me luck!

Purchase Link

No comments:

Post a Comment