Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Sun Rays and Changing Fields contemporary impressionism oil painting


sold
"Sun Rays and Changing Fields"
oil primed panel
6x6"

My son and I drive by these fields on the way to school every morning.  I have been mentioning to him to watch how quickly the fields are changing color in the Fall.  Also how differently they look in the early morning on sunny days, cloudy days, rainy days or even foggy days.  Some days he will snap pictures for me with my phone.  This painting is from a picture he took this morning.  Thanks Buddy!

I tried K.I.S.S. (keep it simple sweetie, yes, "stupid" is normally used, but hey I gotta stay positive, this painting gig is not for the wimpy)   I tried again to remember to not get caught up in the details but focus on the moment.  I used one brush, a largish one and tried to stay bold and lay each brush stroke in once and leave it be.  I succeeded and failed on that, but will keep working at it.



No comments:

Post a Comment