Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Arizona Red Rock Southwest Landscape oil Painting 11"x14" Monument Valley area


sold


click on pic to enlarge view
"Calm before the Storm" We had left the Grand Canyon and were heading towards Colorado. Seeing the Southwest for the first time is hard to put in words. You see the land in pictures but not until you see everything in person are you really amazed. I grew up around corn and soybean fields. I am used to seeing storms roll in but nothing like this. The formations and elevations made me feel like I had landed on another planet. I have always loved Edgar Payne's amazing paintings of the west, now I see his inspiration first hand. This is one of just a few large pieces posted on this blog it is 11"x14" on Raymar canvas board. click on "southwest" label below to see similar paintings

No comments:

Post a Comment